I think we lack something
Too early and too opinionated. I think I was. Now, if you remember it very well, I had posted one blog entry titled “This would not have happened to my son“. The entry was posted a month’s back. Just going back to that blog entry, I had spoken on one major issue – Racism with special reference to a country in general. I had expressed my thoughts on how racism flourished in one of the most developed countries of the world. How people especially from India were racially abused. Now just a day back, I came across another interesting article posted on one of the most popular online Indian portals named “rediff.com” The article was focussed on the same topic but with a twist. I am saying it as a twist because it seemed to take a dig on the Indian students. The article stated that whatever happened in that country had nothing to do with the racism. It is the Indian students themselves only who were to be blamed for any violence which happened over there. Infact, it came out all big from the mouth of one of the country’s most prominent Indian-born businessmen. He kept on insisting that students from India certainly lack something when it comes to their behavior in foreign countries. They just don’t care and create all kinds of nuisance which is hard to control.
Very shocking indeed! I just couldn’t believe it for a moment. To see what others felt about the same, I started reading comments for that article. And while reading, I came across one comment which really shook me from top to bottom.
I am not posting the whole comment. But some important points which may be very disturbing for anyone from India. Listed below are those points which tell a lot about the behavior of Indians in foreign countries -
- They never talk politely (with in themselves, on phone, or to others) they just scream out
- Never walk in the group of 2 they will walk 5-6 in parallel, blocking the bike way (which annoys local people the most, especially in Europe)
- Never bother about the rules in public transport (like seat should be offered to older people, pregnant women, and disabled people when it is meant for them)
- Never gives a smile and say Good Morning (they feel that since they are in foreign country they are on top of world, this is most imp and nothing but b*lls**t)
- Totally disgusting dressing sense (they forget the fact that Shahrukh Khan is seen as a stupid character on screen and he is same in real life)
- Never ever think of interacting with local people, always go out with only Indians
- Always try to pretend by show off (even if they are carrying a second hand or refurbished 2G apple they will pretend that only they have the latest model)
- Always try to show that at least of one of his or her uncle is a bureaucrat or a big politician
- Very lusty look towards white females
LOL I don’t know how much is the truth in the above points. But if its so then its certainly a food for thought for all of us. Now, how many of you agree to the above points? Have you had any similar experience with anyone in your country? Do they really behave in the same way? Are above points justified by any means? Please have you say!