6 Must-Have Drupal Modules for Drupal Web Developers
There are many drupal hosting solutions available for us, and it is always suggested to opt using the self-hosted websites which squeezes maximum of your CMS, instead of free websites.
Keep on reading to know more about some best modules to be used in a Drupal CMS. Use of these modules makes the content management easier for the web developers.
- CCK (Content Construction Kit) – Content construction kit is a must have module for content configuration. CCK module came with Drupal 7 and is very useful indeed. You can add the content types using this module CCK and also can add some additional fields to the existing content types in your website. CCK also helps the user to make a blog for the website, to create a staff list of to create the whole content with a new type.
- Multiblock – This modules fixes one of the greatest glitch in Drupal CMS. It is often seen in many Drupal websites that there are too many blocks which sometimes make the site look congested. All the blocks in such situations become cluttered and the site becomes unreadable. This is where we need the module of Multiblock. It creates more than one instance of a block and allows the user to add it to the multiple regions. Multiblock thus helps in cutting down the repetitive blocks and makes your site look clean and readable.
- Trigger- It is one of the core modules of Drupal CMS and is included in a site by default. Most of the developers love to use this module. This module allows the user to fire off some particular actions based on the events and content types on your website. Trigger module comes with a particular set of actions but can be customized as per the requirements and needs of the web developers. You can create a special trigger for a special action you want. For example if you want to redirect your viewer on a certain page, you can create a trigger for this.
- Views- This is one of the most important modules of Drupal that you may need to organize and manipulate your content. You can control your content with your own specification by using the Views module. You can generate complex sidebars as well as simple news list by using the module of Views. These sidebars or news lists can be used to display the specific posts or pages. You can even select the view mode.
- Wysiwyg- It is a module which allows the users to use the rich text editor in the site. This content editing module is very easy to install as well easy to use and the best part is that it is compatible with many different rich text editors. Backup and Migrate- This is one of the most important modules to be used in making a website with Drupal CMS. This module helps the use to create the backup files for the database as well as the content files. The backups can be set to automate at specific time interval or can also be triggered manually. You can save the backup file to the directory of the server or may get it as an email.