Launched in 2010 under the parent company “One97 communications”, Paytm has become a symbol of adopting with the status-quo, innovation and growth with the utmost level of customer satisfaction! With a turnover of around one and a half million dollars, more than 3 million offline vendors, thousands of products and facilitating transactions worth lacks of rupees ever day, it is definitely a name that comes with a seal of trust.
Unlike the conventional payment wallets or e- commerce ventures, Paytm facilitates a lot more than this. You can shop on it, recharge your phones, enter into real time transactions, book the tickets of your favorite movies, save the details of your online modes of payment or just enable banking transactions through your application account along with lots more.
The 21st century world is a spectrum of both, online and offline transactions and the varied functions of the Paytm application make it a necessity in such a dynamic and progressive environment.
Below are the 7 primary functions of this application:
Recharge and pay bills
Mobile phone running out of balance? Electricity bill on your doorstep?
Well, this calls for the Paytm app which facilitates the easy online payment of all your generic bills for electricity, gas, broadband, toll tax etc.
Along with this, you can also recharge the following amenities with comfort and ease:-
- Mobile phones- Recharging your pre-paid or post-paid mobile phones come handy with the application.
It facilitates recharge for various acknowledged carriers such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Reliance Jio etc.
- Metro card- Now you no longer have to stand in long queues in order to get your metro cards recharged. Now, recharging your metro card is just a click away!
- Data card- Connect with the world on the go because now, you can recharge your data cards seamlessly using the Paytm app. Also, use the code GRAB10 to avail a cashback of Rs. 10 on your next recharge.
In order to avail these features, you need to make your account and click on the desired option under the panel “recharge and pay for”.
Don’t let your movie experience be on stake depending on the availability of tickets when you go to purchase them offline. Now, you can book the tickets of your favourite movie on the go.
You can get the tickets of any movie at your desired location with the convenience of choosing your seat for the movie. The payment for the same can be made using various modes such as credit card, debit card, net banking or your Paytm wallet.
Avail the Paytm movie offers and get an additional cashback of 50% on Paytm by entering the promo code MOVIE50 using the Paytm movie offers during the check-out process.
In order to book your tickets using the Paytm app, you need to follow the following procedure:-
- Create your Paytm account.
- Under the panel “book an Paytm” on the home screen, select “movies”.
- Select your location and the movie that you want to book the ticket for.
- Select the Cinema hall and your preferred show timings.
- Select the seat for the movie.
- Enter the promo code in order to avail exclusive discounts and offers while checking out.
- Pay for the ticket using the various modes of payments available.
Online and offline shopping
Paytm is a known name when it comes to settling various virtual and on site transactions. The ease of using this application makes it utilizable even for a layman or someone who is not used to technology such as the fruits and vegetable hawkers, mechanics, street outlet owners etc.
The Paytm payment mechanism is explained below:-
- Online transactions- The Paytm mall is an e-commerce megastore under the aegis of One97 communications. Dealing in a variety of more than 75000 distinct products ranging from home appliances, electronics, fashion accessories, clothing, shoes and much more.
You can also avail an additional cashback of 20% if you are a new user of Paytm mall by entering the promo code WELCOME20WEA.
While shopping on it, you can avail exclusive offers and discounts using product specific coupons and promo code. One can enjoy the benefits of flexible modes of payment for the commodities including payment through their own Paytm account balance.
- Offline transactions- You can also settle your dues with the shopkeepers near you using your Paytm account balance. In this era of digitization, most of the people accept payments using virtual and trusted means like Paytm.
You can settle your offline transactions using the application by following this simple procedure:-
- Create your account.
- Click on the “pay” option on your home screen.
- Select the method for payment. You can pay by entering the mobile number of the beneficiary, scanning their QR code or entering the one time password that they receive on their number.
- Enter the amount to pay.
- Click on pay and you’re done!
Coincide with your bank account
When we said that Paytm can be used for a LOT MORE we actually meant it. The application can be used for facilitating inter-bank transactions and it also helps increasing the liquidity of your actual bank balance.
How? Well, you can transfer money from your bank account to your Paytm account in seconds and vice versa. Once, you do the transfer, Paytm also remembers your card details which helps in quicker and more hassle-free transactions in the future.
So whenever you are short of cash, you can just transfer the amount from your bank account or whenever you have excessive cash in your Paytm account, you can just transfer the amount straight into your bank account.
The virtual era does have its perks right?
For transferring the money to your Paytm account from your bank account, you have to follow the following procedure:-
After creating your Paytm account, click on Passbook icon.
- Select the option “send money to bank” option.
- Tap on the transfer button.
- Enter the bank account details.
- Click on send and here you go!
Use the in-app directory
Using the application, you can also find the merchants or sellers dealing in various goods and services available near your location that are broadly classified into the following categories:-
- MILK, DAIRY AND COOPERATIVE
- HOME SERVICES
- AUTOMOBILES AND VEHICLES
- RETAIL AND SHOPPING
- TUITION AND CLASSES
- BEAUTY AND WELLNESS
- GAS AND PETROL
The Paytm application also tells how far a particular shop or service provider is from you. Along with this, there is also a direct call to action icon. You can click on the icon to directly call the seller as mentioned.
You can also pay for these goods and services using your Paytm account balance.
In order to view the directory, you just have to click on the “nearby” icon that appears on the top of your home screen.
Book bus, flight and train tickets
With the application installed on your phone, you have the privilege of booking your flight, bus or train ticket while sipping coffee in your living room.
The procedure for booking your ticket is as follows:-
- Bus- For booking your ticket, all that you have to do is click on the bus icon below the “book on Paytm” tab, enter the pick-up and drop off destinations, select the date for the departure, select the bus you want to board, select the seat that you want, pay using the options provided and here you go!
- Trains- The procedure is similar to that of buses. Just click on your train icon, enter the train details, select the carrier, select the class by which you want to travel and pay.
- Planes- For booking plane tickets, you are required to enter your destination, select the departure dates, enter the amount of travellers and the class by which they are willing to travel, select whether you only want to travel by non-stop flights or not, select the flight and pay.
What more? Paytm also facilitates hotel booking along with providing credible ratings and reviews on the hotels. Welcome to the era of virtual travel planners!
Book tickets for amusement parks and events
No matter where you are, you don’t have to compromise on your fun and frolic if you have the application installed.
Paytm also acts as a channel for booking your amusement park, Water Park and theme based experience’s tickets online.
You just have to choose amongst a variety of options and activities and enter the number of tickets that you want.
On the other hand, you can also book tickets or passes for events like music festivals, stand-up comedy shows, theatre, poetry slams, sports tournaments, seminars etc.
You can pay choosing amongst the plethora of payment options available on Paytm. Also, there are numerous offers on payments using the application.
Paytm- A need of the digital epoch
With such diversified operations and functions and with such an extensive outreach, the application certainly grabs an integral spot in our mobile phones. Outburst of the digital age lead to the evolvement of a cashless economy and Paytm fulfils all the requirements of the digital world. The offline transactions feature acts as a feather to the cap.
With these thoughts in mind, we can surely conclude that Paytm is not just a want, it is rather a need for today!