National Talent Search Examination is a one of a kind scholarship program of India. It was started for identifying and recognizing students with high intellect and academic talent. It is considered as the most prestigious exam for Science and Research aspirants. NCERT is the regulatory authority for NTSE exam.
Importance of this exam can be understood by the fact that every year 500,000 students (approx.) appear in this scholarship exam out of which 1000 scholarships are awarded. 775 scholarships are bestowed to the unreserved category students.
NTSE is open for students of Indian nationality only. Indian students studying abroad in Class X can also apply and avail this scholarship.
NTSE Application Form for stage one can be obtained from a candidate’s school itself. Only those who qualify in Stage one will be applicable to appear in Stage two.
NTSE Application Form for stage two will be available on the official website of NCERT.
This article is intended to solve an applicant’s queries related to how to fill the correct application form. For every step in the application process specific guidelines are mentioned to ensure students do not make any mistakes.
NTSE is conducted at two levels: Stage-I (State Level) and Stage-II (National Level), however, the students studying abroad are exempted for State Level of NTSE.
NTSE Scholarships are as followed (a) Scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month for Class-XI to XII. (b) Scholarship of Rs.2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates. (c) Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
Avoid these while filling NTSE Application form
The application process for NTSE Application form includes the following steps, applicants should go through the important instructions for each step
- Provide a valid email address. As all correspondence regarding NTSE exam will take place through this mode of communication only.
- Mention your name while keeping your class XII marksheet in front of you. This will ensure that you write the correct spelling of your name.
- Enter your date of birth with utmost care because once the wrong date, month or year is mentioned. Applicant won’t get the opportunity to change it afterwards. At this step you should also upload your class X marksheet as a date of birth proof.
- Applicants should mention the verification code exactly as displayed. It is case sensitive so refresh the image if the verification code entered by you is incorrect.
Step-2 Uploading Scanned Documents
- Passport Size Photograph, If a candidate does not attach a good quality of the photograph along with the application form. It will be liable to get rejected. The image format should be JPEG and the size should not be less than 50 kb.
- Caste Certificate, Community/Caste Certificate has to be uploaded only if the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST. The certificate should be verified and duly attested by gazetted officer. Also, the document should be in PDF format and should not exceed 1 MB in size.
- Eligibility Note/Advisory Note, if a candidate has been provided any such note by Govt. He/she should upload it along with application form. It should be in PDF format and should not be more than 1 MB in size.
- Class XII Mark sheet, It is compulsory for every applicant to upload the twelfth standard marksheet. It should be in PDF format and should not be more than 1 MB in size.
- Class X Mark sheet or Certificate, as a mandatory date of birth proof candidates should upload their class tenth marksheet in PDF format and the file size should not exceed 1 MB.
- Any additional award, Candidates holding any of the following certificate or award should specify the same. Like score card of JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medalists. It should be in PDF format and should not be more than 1 MB in size.
- Endorsement Form, The duly filled and attested endorsement form signed by principal is mandatory to be submitted with application form. It should be in PDF format and should not be more than 1 MB in size.
Step-3 Online Application
Candidates who wish to apply for any of the scholarships offered. Need to mention or elect their choice of scholarship.
Some other Important Instructions
Applicants should ensure that all above listed documents are uploaded in a readable and legible format. Many applications get rejected if the scanned documents cannot be read or understood properly.
Endorsement form is very important for applying in NTSE. Endorsement form should be complete and should contain information like year of joining, subjects & course being pursued must be mentioned clearly.
Please note that you cannot Edit/Modify your application once you click submit button. Please ensure that all aspects of the application and supporting documents are correct before submitting. CLICK PRINT PREVIEW Button to view the details entered.
Do not send the application or any other documents by post. Do not submit more than one application. Duplicate applications will not be considered.