In current times, developers are devising ways to create websites which can adapt to al devices. With mobile devices being used largely, we need sites, which can be viewed on smaller screens Solution to this can be found in responsive approach to website design. This approach to website design creates sites which can be crafted to provide optimal viewing experience. It aims at scanning, navigation, scrolling and resizing. Adaptive approach to web design differs largely to the responsive approach. Adaptive approach focuses on crafting different sites for various devices.
Comparing the two
Major difference between both approaches which you can adopt for your web design company:
- Adaptive design focuses on screen sizes of different devices, which are constantly undergoing a change. Responsive approach is built on the fundamentals of fluid grid. Responsive design makes decisions on the requirements of content. It uses flexible images so that images can scale according to the browser’s width.
- Laying emphasis on content is an important strategy of responsive web design. Responsive design should lay emphasis on information so that users can benefit from your web design company. If your navigation menu works slowly you may lose important clients. Adaptive design lays focus on smallest sized devices. In such cases, the initial CSS styling targets small screen devices initially. Content is carefully prioritized so that important information reaches the users first.
Discussing responsive web design
Features of Responsive web design
- It is an important technique where HTML code is delivered to the device, but CSS enables it to adjust to the screens form factor.
- Codebase of a web site serves desktop and mobile users. It removes the worries of maintaining multiple codes of different devices.
- As the same code is used size of mobile versions of a website are similar to that of desktop versions. The complexity in both cases is similar.
- Due to the responsive approach the smartphones may have to sift through irrelevant material slowing down the loading of websites.
Adaptive web design can be beneficial
Aspects of Adaptive web design
- It is an alternative to responsive design.
- Create your web design company by taking resort to adaptive delivery.
- It offers a highly differentiated experience built for specific intent of mobile customers.
- With adaptive design, a browser can render pages optimally.
- By paying heed to the customer’s need, you can decide whether to choose adaptive or responsive approach.
Striking a comparison
Advantages of adaptive web design over responsive design
- Adaptive approach is more suitable for mobile devices. It caters to the specific requirements of users who use the mobile devices for specific purposes.
- Developers do not need to re-draw websites from scratch. As some websites are complex, it can be a difficult task.
- Adaptive websites offer better user experience. This strategy works by transferring necessary assets for specific devices. Adaptive approach works perfectly for e-commerce websites.
- In contrary to this approach, the responsive design works better where there is not much difference between user intent of mobile users and desktop users.
- Adaptive web designs are better in terms of overall user experience.
It is suggested that design and development should depend on user’s needs. Both the methods allow websites to be viewed in mobile devices. A website should be built on technology which allows it to respond quickly to user’s preference. In the future, this would eliminate the need to design websites for each new gadget. Responsive approach can offer a solution to the web design companies who need to keep pace with the fast inventions. For web designers, it is important to discuss the visions of a project before embarking on designing. For coders, it is important that they remain in communication with designers.