India is one of the fastest growing markets for smartphones and all mobile phone makers have the tendency to release new models every few months to grab a bigger share of the pie. There is no dearth of smartphones, but finding one that fits your requirements, budget and style statement is a different deal altogether.
If you are looking to upgrade your phone and want a fantastic deal, it is imperative that you do your due diligence.
Here are some tips that will help you make an informed purchase decision when buying a smartphone.
Shortlist Smartphone Brands
It is imperative that you first narrow down your choices. The Indian market is flooded with branded and unbranded smartphones. It goes without saying well-known brands, such as Samsung, Sony, Apple, Micromax, Lava and Lenovo are preferable to unbranded phones. However, even within these brands there are numerous models. You should make it a point to check out these models carefully. In fact, you can do this quite easily. Just check the Mobile Phones Price list in India
Be Certain of the Operating System
There are primarily three operating systems that smartphone have. You may want to stay away from Blackberry, as this smartphone maker is presently struggling and has an uncertain future. So, most smartphone users are now choosing between iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Take time to check out the strengths and weaknesses of each OS, so that you know which one will best suit your needs.
Once you have narrowed down your choices, it is time to compare features. This is necessary, so that you get a smartphone that has all the features you require and some more. Remember, smartphones can cost a lot, depending on which make and model you’re opting for. So, you don’t want to be stuck with a model that doesn’t allow you to do all the things you want to.
Look for things, like the processor, battery life, camera, quality of the speaker, screen size, RAM, the ability to expand storage and Bluetooth wireless capabilities. Out of these features, the processor is the most important component of a smartphone, as it will determine who quickly you can open the apps. A fast processor will allow you to multi-task without experiencing any lag. However, you shouldn’t compromise on the hardware to save a few bucks.
An important part of purchasing a smartphone is being able to compare prices. Thankfully, you can compare prices of different makes and models, by visiting Youtellme.com. So, it won’t be difficult to find a mobile that fits seamlessly into your budget by using the YouTellMe.com website to compare prices of different smartphones while sitting in the comfort of your home.
Shop Offline But Buy Online
When you are looking for the perfect smartphone, it is important you touch and feel it. This way you will be able to check out the screen, speakers, cameras and other important features of the phone. When you hold the mobile in your hands, you’ll be able to determine whether the models and brands you have shortlisted are right for you or you have to extend your search beyond them.
Once you have found the perfect smartphone, don’t waste time buying it offline, from a brick-and-mortar store. You will never get the best deals in such stores, as they have high overheads. You should scout for your ideal smartphone online, where you can enjoy unbelievable discounts.
Saving on Your Smartphone Purchase
Many shoppers don’t know the Internet offers the best deals, as online stores have low overheads and thus, are in a position to pass on the savings to their customers. You can buy your smartphone while sitting at home and still saving a bundle. However, even when buying online, you are still save a bundle. Some of the ways you can save on your purchase are as follows:
- Discount Coupons: Many online stores offer discount coupon codes for first-time or repeat buyers. So, find a site that offers such coupons so that you can save on your purchase.
- Promo Codes: It has become the norm for online retail sites to hold frequent promotions to attract new and repeat buyers. Sites allow customers to use these promo codes at any time during the checkout process by clicking on the code button and enjoying the associated discount.
- Product Launch: Certain mobile retailing sites offer special discounts and deals when they launch a new product. So, if you are on these sites’ mailing list, you will know when the launch is taking place and get a good deal on your purchase.
- Fire Sale: Sometimes, certain sites have fire sales when they are planning to shut shop. This means you should be able to pick up your smartphone from such a site as a highly discounted price.
- Flash Sale: Taking a lead from Xiaomi, now mobile makers are more conducive to hosting flash sales in India. Mobile makers associate with one specific ecommerce store to hold a flash sale and if you keep your eyes and ears open, you could be one of the many lucky buyers.
Use these tips to get the best smartphone in the market for your needs and still save money when purchasing it.