This article post is exclusively dedicated to sharing methods to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 easily. I have also shared the top reasons for email migration, manual methods to complete the process in a very easy manner.
IBM Lotus Notes has been one of the prominent choices of users just because of its secured environment and productive email administration. Lotus Notes provides a business collaboration purposes such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, discussion forums, micro-blogging, and much more. Lotus Notes Keeps up the mailbox in its exclusive association, NSF file format. Also, it works in connection with Domino Server, which is able enough to perform beyond its maintenance.
But just because of some limitations, user are now migrating their email-client application to another like Office 365 since it has gained the popularity by its exclusively amazing features. Therefore, both small and large companies now mostly prefer MS Office 365 platform, specifically those who were utilizing Lotus Notes for their regular exchange and cloud-based storage of important data. The another reason for switching from Lotus Notes to Office 365 Outlook is its management issue that is really very complicated. Here, some other reasons to clarify the need to email application migration are discussed below.
Reasons to Migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365
There are multiple reasons to support NSF to Office 365 migration. Few major reasons for switching from IBM Lotus Notes are:
- Extra Storage Problem – To store more emails in the Lotus Notes, you need a large amount of RAM for saving the mailboxes. But, the charges are heavy for installation of large memory storage of RAM. Therefore, users go for the alternate email application such as Office 365, that requires limited and cost-effective RAM.
- Complex Management- Lotus Notes is especially known for its high-secured environment and complexity. Also, to access Lotus Notes application, you may have some technical knowledge. Hence, novice users feel MS Office 365 is more user-friendly than Lotus Notes.
- High Maintenance cost- As we all know, Lotus Notes is highly expensive and requires maintained if needed. So, it’s also another reason for email migration because mostly small organizations fail to afford such costly platform.
- Synchronism disputes- IBM Notes users face lots of issues due to poor synchronization with their Lotus Domino server. It results in It causes discrepancy into email utility and declines its performance that is also held one to export IBM Notes to Microsoft Office 365.
- Formatting Problems– Lotus Notes unable to contribute each HTML/CSS script appropriately due o which formatting issue occurs in emails and attachments. Hence, it results in troublesome in maintaining data flexibility due to faulty interpretation.
- File Format Issues- Lotus Notes stores its emails and other data item into NSF file format. Sometimes, users require to run NSF files on other email client but it can’t be done. so to access saved files another platform migrating NSF to Office 365 personal is necessary.
Switching from IBM Notes to MS Office 365
If you are also one of them who are facing issues with expensive Lotus Notes, then you can easily migrate from NSF to Office 365 Outlook after following below mentioned methods. Simply just follow the step by step instruction and then you are done 🙂
Step 1: Use IMAP Server to Create a Backup:
Firstly, create a backup of all those NSF files by using IMAP server that you would like to migrate to Office 365. It’s necessary because manual process is a little bit risky that can lead to data loss or corruption.
Step 2: Generate New Mailboxes:
After creating a backup, the next important step is to create new mailboxes for every Lotus Notes user profile before starting the migration process.
Step 3: Activate IMAP Server by given below steps:
- Launch IBM Lotus Notes application.
- Browse Domino Administration -> Click on Configuration option.
- Open Server files which runs on IMAP.
- Now, enable the default TCP/ IP port:
Tap on Ports -> Select Internet Ports -> and then Choose Mail tab.
- After that, change the default enabled IMAP TCP/IP Port by clicking on TCP/IP port values to Enabled in the Mail( IMAP)-> Hit on Save button.
- At last, Click on Close -> and then Select Exit to end the process.
Step 4: Now, Link with IMAP Connector:
This last step will help you to synchronize selected emails in MS Office 365 from NSF files. The above shared manual procedure provides the complete guidelines to migrate from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office 365 with any use of third party tool. But this process is not much trustworthy because the mailbox emails may be put on the wager.
Limitations of NSF to Office 365 Migration Manually
While migrating NSF Files to MS Office 365 migration using IMAP Connector, you may face some limitations that are as follows:
- You can’t migrate IBM Notes calendar entries together, as it requires to export one by one that is really very time-consuming.
- Remember that the Lotus Notes user enables to connect with the internet if it is beyond the firewalls or proxy settings.
- With the help of IMAP migration, up to 1GB of data can be transferred to Office 365 application.
- Needs to apply some various filters that is a little bit risky, difficult and expensive.
- You may lose your emails data during migration from IBM Notes to Office 365
- Every step is connected with technicality, therefore the users require technical skills to perform migration process safely and in a proper manner.
Hence, it’s is better to go for an error-free and easy option to export NSF to Office 365 emails. So, it is recommended to use any specialized software to finish data loss probability.
Export Lotus Notes to MS Office 365 Flawlessly
To overcome from such limitations and migration risks, you can opt automated conversion option for save conversion process. Alternative method not only switch data from application to another but also maintains data integrity and safety.
SysInfoTools NSF to PST Converter that supports in safe and quick encrypted NSF files to Office 365 email migration. This efficient tool helps to migrate the entire NSF files data items that include emails, contacts, forums, calendar, micro-blogging, appointments etc to MS Office 365 and defeats above mentions manual limitations. Along with this, it also permits to access Lotus Notes NSF files in MS Outlook, one of the stand-alone application. Additionally, the tool advanced algorithms provides a start and end date range for selecting NSF files manually.
Many users are now migrating from their older application to the latest cloud offered Office 365 services like easy-to-use facility, extensive accessibility, interactive web-based properties, and other different advanced features. In this article, we have targeted to answer migration related issues like the need of migration, benefits of Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration and last but not the least two different methods to export NSF files to Office 365 easily.