Developing a website is just one element of an online marketing campaign. Once the site is up, you need to ensure that you develop and promote content so that a steady stream of traffic finds the site and navigates through its various pages.
While historically website owners have battled hard to generate this traffic by themselves, given the enormous growth in web-based content, many are now turning to professional web marketing experts to expedite this process.
What Is Search Engine Optimization?
In order to ensure that your site ranks high when users conduct a search with their online search engine, your site will need to contain specific keywords that match those entered by the user. Embedding these keywords in your site is known as Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Mastering SEO is a complex process, and as a result, an entire niche within the web marketing industry has evolved. These days, specialized SEO experts offer services that include:
- Examining your core business, products, and services and researching keywords that relate to your business and rank highly as search terms.
- Helping you to identify the best methods for embedding those keywords or search terms into your website
- Monitoring your traffic and providing you with monthly reports so that you can track your results.
Building Targeted Traffic Is Vital
There are plenty of web marketing companies who claim to be experts in generating traffic through search engine optimization. But in order to ensure that this new traffic translates into genuine inquiries and sales, it is critical that your campaigns generate targeted traffic.
Accordingly, it is important you choose a company with expertise in targeted SEO, such as Flare, who:
- Understands (and keeps up to date with) the algorithms used by web browsing tools.
- Knows how to optimize SEO on a website without breaching any guidelines (web browsing tools conduct searches and will ban sites that deliberately attempt to achieve high rankings by stuffing a site with keywords, and minimizing useful content for users).
- Takes the time to understand your business, schedules posts 7 days in advance, develops content about, and related to, your business to provide users with interesting experiences during their visit to your site, and quality checks content before it is uploaded.
- Is able to generating traffic that delivers genuine inquiries and sales (proven through verifiable case studies of how they have achieved this for other businesses).
- Will deliver weekly reporting of how you site is ranked based on the keywords used so that changes can be implemented quickly.
- Won’t ask you to lock into a 12 or 24-month contract, but instead will stand by their expertise and invite you to work with them for a shorter period (say four months), which allows them to build a campaign based on real data and allows you to start seeing real results.
To build your web business, you will want to use an SEO provider to enhance your online presence and give you the best chance of being found in congested search engines.