Overview of Product
To cope up with the demand of users who prefer to change email platforms from Lotus Notes to Outlook, this Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool is developed by this Technical industry. As NSF file format being different from PST format, there is no manual procedure provided to convert data directly from NSF file to PST. So, this software application can be used to convert data from IBM Lotus Notes NSF file to MS Outlook PST format precisely. Users only have to provide Lotus Notes mailbox NSF file to software wizard, the tool will migrate all of its contents like emails, calendars, to do lists into Outlook PST file format without harming the original integrity of files. All of the NSF file folders will be converted to PST file in the original hierarchy without losing a single property of files. After conversion of NSF to PST, users can also choose the desirable place to save the converted PST file into system drive. The resultant PST file can be easily imported into MS Outlook account of user, and this way Lotus Notes data can be easily imported into Outlook platform without much hassles.
- Both the platforms MS Outlook and Lotus Notes must be configured and installed in system.
- MS Outlook with POP3 Configuration, Lotus Notes should not be connected with Domino Server at the time of conversion
- To install the software into system minimum of 20 MB of free hard disk space is required
- RAM should be of 512 MB but 1 GB is recommended
- 1GHz of processor is required but 2.4 GHz is recommended
- Windows 0S should be 8.1 of all below versions are supported
If calculated performance wise, the Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool performs swiftly to convert NSF file data in PST format without consuming much time of user. Within two to three steps user will be able to convert Lotus Notes NSF file data in Outlook PST format. The interface of the tool is designed in so friendly manner that even non-technical person can perform the process of NSF file to PST conversion effectively. The output of the tool is accurate and observed within little bit of time without any complications.
Working Of Notes To Outlook Converter Tool
Just download and install the software in your system and run it from Start>All Programs The welcome screen looks like this as shown below:
Now click on ‘Export’ option to add NSF file to software wizard for conversion into PST format. After clicking on ‘Export’ option software will prompt the following window as shown below. Now click on ‘Browse’ option to select the NSF file from location where it is saved in hard drive of system. Also select the MS Outlook version into which you are required to convert NSF file data into by checking on desired one. Also select Names.nsf file to migrate Lotus Notes contacts into separate PST file in Outlook. Click on ‘Next’ to jump into the next step of software.
In Step 2 there are options like “Email and Calendar Filters” and “Advanced Settings” options using which users can apply all necessary requirements of exporting NSF file data to PST format. Users can also select the category for which the migration is needed and also check or uncheck the other settings like ‘Remove Encryption’, ‘Exclude Deleted & Sent Items’ and export data from ‘All Documents’ folder. After applying all settings click on “Export” option to export NSF file data into PST format.
Clicking on ‘Export’ option will ask you to provide destination location to save the NSF converted PST file into software wizard. Just provide the location to software for saving the PST file into local machine of user and click on ‘Ok’.
Now software will show you the status report of NSF to PST conversion, this includes two sections one is ‘Current Status’ and other is ‘Final Report’. Current status shows about how many emails are converting, contacts, calendars and tasks. Final Report shows you the report of exported items to PST format.
A final message will pop up on screen stating ‘Exported NSF File(s) successfully’ Click on ‘Ok’ to exit the software.
Features Of Lotus Notes To Outlook Converter Tool
- Complete conversion of NSF file data to PST format along with email attachments
- Migration of Lotus Notes contacts into separate PST file
- Supports bulk migration of Lotus Notes data in live Exchange Server
- Options to exclude the Deleted and Sent items is provided to manage the size of PST file
- Provides option to define PST file format i.e. ANSI & Unicode PST, for converting NSF data
- Automatic Split PST option to divide PST if exceeds more than 20 GB in size
- Removes encryption from NSF file to access into Outlook profile easily
- Emails, calendars and to do filters for selective data migration into PST format
List Of Pros And Cons In Lotus Notes NSF File To PST Converter Tool
Although the list of pros in tool are immeasurable but here are listed some of the pros that can be observed while using the tool.
- Provides accessibility of accessing Lotus Notes data in MS Outlook environment by converting NSF file data in PST format
- Time saving and affordable method of converting Lotus Notes email client data MS Outlook client
- Easy to operate tool even by novice users to technical industry for conversion of data from NSF file of Lotus Notes to PST format
- Save NSF converted PST file data according to choice of users into system drive
There are limited cons of tool that are observed by users i.e. the tool does not provides the option to preview the contents of NSF file before converting it into PST format. The second drawback of the tool is it does not support conversion of NSF file data into Live Exchange Server using the corporate license of tool.
If overall concluded the tool can be the best choice for users when they are migrating from Lotus Notes email client to MS Outlook. Just because of different email clients users can face lots of compatibility issues in NSF to PST conversion, but this Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool eliminates all complication of NSF to PST conversion and provides streamlined process of migration from NSF to PST platform. If ratings are taken based on performance and other aspects of tool, it could be around 9/10.